1. Some students take one year off between finishing school and going to university in order to travel or to work. Do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
2. Children can learn effectively from watching television. Therefore, children should be encouraged to watch television regularly both at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in a small family unit. In your opinion, what causes this and what are the effects on society?
4. Today food travel thousands of miles from the farm to the consumers. Why is this? Is it a positive or negative trend?
5. Reading story books is better for children than watching television or playing computer games. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. Traditional food is being replaced by international fast foods. This has negative effects on family and society. Agree or disagree.
7. Young people are often influenced in their behaviors and situations by others in the same age. This is called 'peer pressures'. Do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
8. Some people think that personal happiness is directly related to economic success, while others believe that this depends on other factors. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this issue?
2. It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think that this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
1.Some people argue that too much attention and too many resources are given to the protection of wild animals and birds. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2.Many countries use fossil fuels (coal, oil, natural, gas) as the main source of energy. However, in some countries people are encouraged to develop the alternative sources of energy (wind energy and solar energy). To what extent do you agree or disagree with this development?
3.Environmental problems are too big for individual people to address. Do you agree or disagree?
1. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, it is illegal for companies to reject job applicant for their age, is this a positive or negative development?
3. Some people say that professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers make greater contributions should be paid more than those sport and entertainment person. To what extent do you agree?
4.Nowadays young people are faced with unemployment. What effects does it have on individuals and the society? Give the measures of this issue.
1. Some people believe that if a police force carries guns, it would cause a high level of violence in that society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. People believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and should not pay tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3.The trend of the proportion of older people is increasing steadily. Is it positive or negative to society?
4.Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5.The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming much wider, the rich are richer, the poor even poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give the solutions.
6. The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the serious problems and what measures can be taken to solve this problem?
7. The major cities in the world are growing fast, as well as their problems. What are the problems that young people living in cities are facing with? Give solutions to these problems.
8. Some people believe that the support of famous people for international aid organizations can help draw attention to important problems. Others argue that celebrities can make the problems less important. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
1. Some people think young people should follow the tradition of the society. Others think young people should be free to behave as individual. Discuss both view points and give your own opinion.
2. 100 years ago, human race believed we would make continue progress in all areas of life. Today, some people feel less certain about this. What areas of progress human race has made? What else areas haven't we developed?
3. Some believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not be required to learn a foreign language. Do you think school should require students to learn a foreign language?
4.The museum should be admitted free of charge. Do the disadvantages outweigh advantages of this issue?
1. Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Discuss the usefulness of this method of learning and its demerits, and give your own opinion.
2. Some people say that the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society; others say that the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. Some people think that computer and Internet are important in children's study, but others think that students can learn effectively in schools and with teachers. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
4. Schools should concentrate on teaching students the academic subjects that will be useful for their future careers. Subjects such as music and sports are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people consider that history is of little or no use to us. Others believe that studying history helps us to know the present. Discuss these views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people think that young people should be required to have full-time education until they are at least 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
1.In modern society, it is possible to go shopping, work and communicate via the Internet without face-to-face contact with one another. To what extent do you think this is a positive or negative development?
2.Some people think that robots are very important for humans' future development. Others, however, think that robots are a dangerous invention that could have negative effects on society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. Some people think the government should spend more money on public services rather than waste money on arts (i.e. music and painting). To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think that dangerous sports should be banned, but others think the people should have freedom to choose sports activities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people think that the students with the best academic results should be rewarded, while others believe that we should reward the students who make progress. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Higher education is funded in several ways: all costs paid by the government; all costs paid by students; all costs paid by students with a government loan which must be repaid after graduation. What are the advantages of these options? Which is your choice?
5. In today's world, it is private companies rather than government who pay for and carry out most on scientific research. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
6. Some people think the governments should act to decide how people live in order to make a healthier life. Others think individual should decide their own lifestyle. What do you concern about? Discuss both views, and give your opinion.
7. In developing countries, some people think governments should introduce new technology to people in order to improve quality of life, while others believe governments should offer free education. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
8. Some people say that it is a government's responsibility to provide financial support to old people after they retire, while others think that individuals should save money for themselves. What is your opinion?
1. Some people think that most crime is the result of circumstances, e.g. poverty and other social problems. Others believe that most crime is caused by people who are bad by nature. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
1. Many developing countries are currently expanding their tourist industries Why is this the case? Is it a positive development?
2. Currently, some scientists or travelers like to travel to remote natural environment such as the South Pole. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
3. It is important to preserve both the culture and environment of the places you visit, but some people think it is impossible to be a responsible tourist. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.