1. Some people think government’s money spent on supporting artists (such as painters, musicians and poets) is better than that spent on other important things. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Environmental problems are too big for the individual country or individual person to address. We have reached to a stage where the only way to protect environment is at an international level.To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people say that international community should ensure that all countries must immediately reduce the use of fossil energy for environmental protection. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Throughout the history, people dream to build a perfect society while they haven't agreed how the ideal society would be like. What is the most important element you think to make a perfect society? How do people do to achieving an ideal society?
5. Studies show that the people from the developed countries feel less happiness than before, but the people from the developing countries feel more happiness than before. Why you think it is and what lessons could learn from it.
6. Young people are often influenced in their behavior and situations by others in the same age.This is called"peer group pressure".Do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
7. Advertising encourages people to buy in quantity rather than promoting the quality of goods. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Some people say that it is no longer necessary to use animals as food or in other products, like clothing and medicine. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has a negative influence on young people’s reading and writing skills. Do you agree or disagree?
10. Today, as women are becoming more and more important in every way, some people say that they should be equally treated as men. Do you agree or disagree?
11. We have a mixture of people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds in a country. Why is the case? Do you think it is positive or negative?
12. The increase in food production owes much to fertilizers and machinery, but some people think that it has a negative impact on human health and community. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some research reports suggest that the majority of criminals who were sent to prison would commit crimes again when they are set free. What do you think of these reports? What can be done to solve this problem?
14. Some people claim that public museums and art galleries will not be needed because people can see historical objects and works by using computers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote areas and untouched places. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?
16. some people believe that the government has the duty to ensure its citizens have a healthy diet, while others believe it is individual responsibility to care for their diet and health. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
17. The tendency of news reports in the media to focus more on problems and emergencies than on positive developments is harm to the individuals and the society as a whole. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
18. Some people think that government should establish free libraries in each town, while others believe that it is a waste of money since people can obtain information from the Internet at home. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
19. Music play an important role in society, others think it is simply a form of entertainment for individuals. Discuss both and give your opinion.
20. The best way for children to learn teach spirit is to through team sports at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?