1. Some people think that computer and Internet are important in children’s study, but others think that students can learn effectively in schools and with teachers. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
2. Schools should concentrate on teaching students the academic subjects that will be useful for their future careers. Subjects such as music and sports are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people consider that history is of little or no use to us. Others believe that studying history helps us to know the present. Discuss these views and give your own opinion.
4. Higher education is funded in several ways: all costs paid by the government; all costs paid by students; all costs paid by students with a government loan which must be repaid after graduation. What are the advantages of these options? Which is your choice?
5. Many people who leave school hold a negative attitude towards learning. Why does this happen? How should the problem be solved?
6. Some people think students should learn more practical courses like computer, but others think they should learn more about theoretical courses like geography and mathematics. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7.In modern society, it is possible to go shopping, work and communicate via the Internet without face-to-face contact with one another. To what extent do you think this is a positive or negative development?
8.Some people think that robots are very important for humans’ future development. Others, however, think that robots are a dangerous invention that could have negative effects on society. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
9. Young people are often influenced in their behaviors and situations by others in the same age. This is called 'peer pressures'. Do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
10. Some people think the governments should act to decide how people live in order to make a healthier life. Others think individual should decide their own lifestyle. What do you concern about? Discuss both views, and give your opinion.
11. Some people argue that too much attention and too many resources are given to the protection of wild animals and birds. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Many developing countries are currently expanding their tourist industries Why is this the case? Is it a positive development?
13. Advertisements discourage us from being different individuals and make us become what they want us to be and look the same. Do you agree or disagree?
14. The movement of people from agricultural areas to cities to work can cause serious problems in both places. What are the serious problems and what measures can be taken to solve this problem?
15. The major cities in the world are growing fast, as well as their problems. What are the problems that young people living in cities are facing with? Give solutions to these problems.(开放式罗列城市问题)
16. Some people say that professional workers such as doctors, nurses and teachers make greater contributions should be paid more than those sport and entertainment person. To what extent do you agree? (不同职业的贡献)
17. Nowadays young people are faced with unemployment. What effects does it have on individuals and the society? Give the measures of this issue.(失业问题)
18. The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming much wider, the rich are richer, the poor even poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give the solutions.
18. In today’s world, it is private companies rather than government who pay for and carry out most on scientific research. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
19. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease the violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this issue?
20. It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think that this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinions.